posted Feb 7, 2015, 12:29 PM by Tom Gutwin
updated Feb 10, 2015, 8:15 PM
- I wanted the final app to have everything accessible and run-able from a single place/application.
- I wanted the option to be able to deploy it on an existing WebApp engine as a WAR file
- I wanted it to be truly free and open source.
- PRIVACY of information - I wanted the data to be stored locally (not over the internet)
- I wanted it to run "out-of-the-box"
- I wanted it to be in pure Java so it would run on any piece of hardware that has a Java Runtime. (plus I love Java)
- It will now be easier to deploy onto a smaller form embedded device such as a raspberry PI
- I wanted to learn AJAX functionality and html5
- I wanted to easily integrate my power data into my Universal Devices ISY-994 home controller - It controls many electrical devices/lights in my home.